Field Application Engineer (FAE)
At Cognitive Systems, our data scientists and engineers work efficiently and quickly to develop smarter and more reliable solutions to enhance the experience with our products and solutions. We apply a mix of methodologies to achieve our goals, including information visualization, statistics, field experiments and machine learning, and actively employ the latest research from scientific and academic communities.
You're an experienced FAE with a combination of technical expertise and great business sense, who has provided top-notch support to leading edge technology companies. You love the challenge of understanding the unknown, simplifying complexity, and delighting end-users. You’re looking to be a part of an innovative culture that encourages collaboration across multiple teams. You have a bias for action.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Act as the primary technical resource for in-field sales to actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process
• Work closely with the Sales Director to establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships throughout the sales cycle
• Travel to various locations in North America, Asia and Europe to support Sales and Marketing at events including customer meetings, trade shows and marketing events
• Prepare support materials to ensure a smooth and successful setup of equipment and software for all customer evaluations
• Manage, monitor and support in-field evaluation units
• Administer field beta tests, including procurement and deployment of hardware
• Work closely with the QA team to ensure internal testing takes place at the appropriate time
• Report to leadership on the status, usage and health of in-field evaluation units; prepare comprehensive summary reports
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering or other technology related field
• Talent for effectively communicating and collaborating with a diverse range of people
• Exceptional problem-solving, negotiation, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
• Strong empathy for understanding consumer needs
• Proven ability and desire to work as part of a fast-paced team
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp. is on a mission to transform the way WiFi networks are used. Our flagship technology, WiFi Motion™, uses wireless signals to detect motion in the home. WiFi Motion harnesses artificial intelligence and predictive analytics to reliably identify and localize motion for the smart home, security, and wellness monitoring markets. This patented technology is layered onto existing WiFi networks without additional hardware to enhance service provider and router manufacturer offerings.