UX Product Designer
Location: Waterloo, ON
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with the business team and app development team to design the graphic user interface for our iOS and Android mobile application
- Combine UX thinking with design execution to produce easy-to-use and intuitive user interfaces
- Develop UI mockups, wireframes, and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the app will look and function
- Design cohesive app layouts that reinforce Cognitive’s style by working within our brand guidelines (fonts, colours, and image style)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal business and engineering teams
- Conduct layout adjustments based on internal and user feedback
- Produce original graphic designs that can be used in customer presentations (icons, diagrams, images, etc.)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Proven work experience in designing and prototyping mobile applications
- A thorough understanding of guidelines and standards for iOS and Android design, including design patterns, layout, and flow
- Up to date knowledge of design software and wireframe tools, including Sketch and Figma
- An analytical mindset for problem solving and excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivation and ability to learn quickly
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various teams
- Good time-management skills
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Previous experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp. is transforming the way the world uses WiFi. Our flagship technology, WiFi Motion™, uses wireless signals to detect motion in the home.
As a person moves through the home, they cause ripples in the WiFi signals. WiFi Motion senses and classifies these changes to the WiFi environment. It enhances smart home capabilities and transforms existing wireless networks into motion detection systems.
We license our patented, cutting-edge technology to internet service providers (ISPs) and router manufacturers to enable new service offerings in the smart home, home monitoring and eldercare markets.